Even with the latest technology that makes modern dentistry more gentle than ever before, many people are still apprehensive about going to the dentist. There are many reasons for this apprehension. Some people have a low threshold for pain. Others fear needles. And then there are those people who just fear going to the dentist, period.
But whatever your apprehension of visiting the dentist is, sleep dentistry can help. Sleep Dentistry places you in a relaxed state of complete sedation. This means you’ll have little or no memory of having any dental work done. Furthermore, you will have minimal, if any, pain or discomfort. Which makes Sleep Dentistry an easy, safe and effective way to provide patients who have dental phobia with the dentistry they need to keep their teeth healthy and beautiful.
The Benefits Include
- The doctor is able to control the level of sedation very accurately
- Deep sedation can safely be achieved
- The patient will have virtually no memory of the dental treatment
- It is a superior sedation technique for long appointments
- It is a superior sedation technique for patients with very high fear
- It works as a moderate anesthetic to aid pain control
- It can be used to administer long-lasting drugs for post-operative pain control
Sedation For Cosmetic Dentistry, Too
Not only is sedation dentistry useful when undergoing procedures like extractions, dental implants and root canals, but now you can get that smile makeover you’ve always wanted. Sleep dentistry can be used when undergoing cosmetic procedures like porcelain veneers and crowns. It will seem like only an instant has gone by and you’ll wake up with a new look.
So if you’re one of the many who put off going to the dentist, you can finally have your dental work performed in a relaxing environment minus the fear and pain. And leave with a glowing smile on your face!
Please call us at 914-633-5300 for more information or to schedule an appointment.